I like to think of myself as a decent cook. I mean, I haven’t burnt my kitchen down or cut off a finger yet, so I’d say I’m doing OK. With that being said, I’m a huge fan of simple, quick, and delicious recipes. Matt and I both work full time, so dinner is always being prepared after work when neither of us are really in the mood. Therefore, we try to keep our meals as simple as possible. And no, that doesn’t mean frozen pizza or takeout (although we’re guilty of that sometimes). We’ve actually compiled a pretty decent list of recipes that are easy to make, healthy, and taste good! Today I’m going to be sharing one of my newest creations: Tomato Spinach Shrimp Pasta!
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and it’s delicious! It’s also the perfect meal to make extra and have the left overs for lunch. I love second day pasta!
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning – I used the “New York” Italian Seasoning by RawSpiceBar – yum!
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz pasta of choice
Now let’s get to cookin!
1. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet, on medium-low heat. Add shrimp, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and salt in the skillet and cook on medium heat until shrimp is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, fresh spinach, and chopped garlic. Cook on medium heat about 3- 5 minutes. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning, if needed. Cover with a lid and keep off heat.
3. Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain pasta and add to the skillet with the tomatoes and spinach. Reheat on low heat, mix everything well, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Once pasta and veggies are off heat, add grilled shrimp. Serve the shrimp pasta immediately and enjoy!
Wham bam, dinner! It’s as easy as that. Bon appetit!
I also have a very exciting GIVEAWAY for you guys today! This is the first giveaway I’ve ever done on this blog; yay! I’ll be giving away a FREE box of freshly ground spices from RawSpiceBar. If you haven’t heard of them, they’re an amazing company that creates freshly ground, small batch, recipe-ready spices and delivers them straight to your door. By sourcing high quality, whole ingredients they own the entire process, from sourcing, toasting, grinding and blending. Each box comes with 6 unique spices!
So, how do you enter to win this giveaway? Easy!
- Follow my Instagram account and “like” my latest photo
- Subscribe to my blog so I have your email and a way to contact you if you win!
- Comment on this post letting me know your favorite dinner recipe
I will contact the winner directly through email. Good luck!
Thanks for stopping by, friends!
MY MOST RECENT BLOG POSTS
MY SOCIAL MEDIA
Disclaimer: I was sent product to review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.